What Are the Requirements for Fiancée Visa in UK?

Source: walkthruvisa.com

Love knows no bounds – this sentence contains a lot of truth. Proof of that is the people who found something beautiful in their partner, something unique that was crucial for them to be together. Even differences in origin cannot be an obstacle for them, because there is always an option to get a visa, even if your partner is from another country, such as the UK. Those who wish to marry their beloved abroad might be able to apply for a fiancee visa from the UK embassy or consulate in their country of origin. This requires the couple to meet certain criteria before applying for the visa. Are you aware of these requirements?

If you live in Europe and plan on marrying someone living outside of the continent, then you should start thinking about the possibility of obtaining a bride visa. In particular, people who want to get married to a British citizen should look into all the rules and regulations surrounding such a visa application. If you are presented with the opportunity to acquire a visa through your spouse, in that case, you can take advantage of that opportunity and be grateful to your partner that you can use such a privilege that you certainly appreciate. All you need is to know the UK marriage visa regulations that have been set by the UK authorities to respect every part of the stated rules, but also to give a chance to everyone who has the opportunity to get this visa.

You need to demonstrate that you intend to remain together indefinitely. The marriage won’t be considered valid until you obtain a civil partnership license in Britain. You also need to show that you have sufficient finances to support your future spouse financially. We are sure that each of you is with your partner out of love and because you want to spend the rest of your life together, so you only need to know the guidelines that you should follow, but also the rules that you need to respect. And we bring you more about them in the continuation of today’s article. Let’s get started!

1. If you want a UK fiancee visa your spouse or partner must be a British citizen or settled person

Source: thesouthafrican.com

The rules for obtaining a fiancé visa changed after Brexit. Now a foreign national would need a sponsor who has already been granted entry clearance into the UK to apply for a fiancé visa. That means that they would need to either be a British citizen or settle in the UK for at least three months. A fiancé visa is only valid for two years.

2. It is important that both partners are over 18 years of age to be eligible for this UK fiancee visa

To be eligible, both parties must be at least 18 years old and unmarried. While the partner who is applying for this visa must also have proof of financial means to support themselves during their stay in the United Kingdom. This may include evidence such as a letter from his/her employer confirming employment, as well as tax returns showing earnings. The other party must prove they have sufficient funds available to support them during their visit to the U.K., which includes any necessary medical expenses, accommodation costs, transportation costs, etcetera.

3. You must be validly married under UK law to get this fiancee visa

Source: pexels.com

If you want to marry someone from another country, then you must be legally married under UK laws. The process starts when you apply for a marriage license at a Register Office. When you arrive at the Marriage License Office, you will need to fill out forms and show proof of your identity. Some documents include a birth certificate, passport, driver’s license, utility bill, etc. There is also a fee involved with getting a marriage license. After the paperwork is processed, the Registrar will tell you whether you can be legally married. If you fulfill all this you will also be entitled to a fiancée visa which you only get if the marriage is regulated according to the rules and laws of the UK.

4. You can get a UK fiancee visa if you are in a genuine relationship with your partner and can prove it using evidence.

Yes, if you can provide evidence of your relationship and show that you live together, then you should be able to get your fiancee’s visa. This is true for any nationality who wants to live in the UK. If you don’t want to marry her/him, you need to convince the immigration officer that she/he is your girlfriend/boyfriend and that you both live together.

5. The UK fiancee visa will be yours if you have enough income or savings to financially support yourself without relying on public funds

Source: housers.com

If you do not need any money from the government for at least 6 months, then you should apply for a fiancee visa. This means you must show that you will earn $3,000 per month after taxes, and you will prove this by showing documents such as payslips, tax returns, bank statements, etc. Fiancee visas last up to 2 years, and they require you to marry your British fiancée within 12 months of applying.

6. A non-UK spouse or partner to get the UK fiancee visa must pass at least an A1 level English test

If your spouse wants to join you in Britain for longer than 90 days after your arrival, but also get the UK fiancee visa, then they should pass at least, an A1 level English language test. This means that they cannot be less able than the average British person. Your partner needs a valid passport, proof of financial stability, and health insurance.

Before you are some of the things that the partner needs to fulfill to get this visa. Make sure you check that all of these are met by you or your partner so that you can complete the entire procedure, apply and receive a visa of this type. And then? Once you’ve got her, it’s just a matter of enjoying your time together living in the UK.