What Is a Wager?
All the players like to receive something for free. In land-based casinos these are VIP-rooms, free drinks, free accommodation or other promotions. When it comes to online casinos the best way to reward a player is to give some freebies.
Casinos are happy to give bonuses and special promotions to attract new players or to keep the existing players’ interest. But on the other hand, casinos do not give bonuses for nothing. First of all, in most cases you will need to make a deposit to receive a bonus. Moreover, every promotion has some wagering requirements. In this article we will explain in detail what a wager is and what you need to keep in mind to play successfully.
The main idea of wager is that before withdrawing the money won when playing with bonus funds a player needs to comply with certain requirements. Normally, you can find all the details in bonus description.
Why Is It Important to Know and Follow the Wagering Requirements?
Everything is simple, until you comply with wagering requirements you will not be able to make a cash out. Moreover, if you violate them, both your bonus, and the winnings can be annulled. For that reason, you are strongly recommended to examine bonus terms carefully before accepting any offer. You need to know what to expect and how to wager the bonus.
What Wagering Requirements Can a Player Face?
First of all, it is a wager itself. It indicates a number of times a player needs to play through the bonus funds. For example, if you received a $50 bonus with wager x25, this means you need to make $1250 of cumulative bets before you can withdraw the winnings.
Time given for a play through. Every bonus must be wagered in certain deadlines. Normally, it is not less than three days, but you always need to check this information in bonus description.
Allowed games. Some casinos can put restrictions on games used while play through. You definitely cannot wager the bonus in live casino games. Speaking about table games, the wager for them might differ. In bonus description you will find the list of restricted games.
Bet amount. Other requirements limit a bet amount you can use while wagering the bonus. You need to make sure your bet does not exceed this limit.
Other Bonus Terms to Consider
It is crucial that you know all the terms to have fun and enjoy your gambling experience. Before claiming a bonus there are several other points to consider:
Check if a chosen promotion is available for players from your country. This information is always published in bonus terms:
• Make sure you play in a licensed casino, this is the best way to guarantee a fair play, safety and security;
• Maximum winning sum. In some offers a winning can be limited to a certain amount. • Even if you win more, you will not be able to withdraw more than this pre-set amount. • All the remaining funds over that amount are annulled.
There can be only one active bonus in one period of time, so if you still haven’t wagered a previous bonus and you make a deposit with promo code and claim a new one, your previous bonus and all the winnings will be annulled.
Wagering the Free Spins
If calculating a wager for deposit bonuses looks easy, things are a bit different when in comes to Free Spins. Normally, the wager is much lower in this kind of offers, which is actually good news.
But you need to know how a wager on Free Spins in calculated. In this case you need to wager the winnings from Free Spins. For example, if you won $500 and wager is x10, before cashing out the winnings, you need to make $5000 of cumulative bets. As soon as you play through the winnings, you will be able to make a withdrawal.
No Wager Bonuses
Sometimes you will come across no wager offers. It is more an exception rather than a rule. Casinos have these special promotions for high rollers of might give no wager Free Spins.
How to find the best offer with low wager or without a wager at all?
• Look for current bonus offers on informational and review sites. It can take too much time and effort if you search for bonuses and offers by yourself. Trust the experience and knowledge of casino experts who can do that job for you.
• Sign up for casinos’ newsletters. Some promotions are available only in the newsletter, so in order to stay undated and informed, you are recommended to sign up. If you are not happy with the promotions you receive, you can always cancel your sign up.
• Play at one and the same casino to receive special offers and personal promotions. Every casino appreciates loyal players and tries to award them with something special like birthday gifts, no deposit bonuses, or no wager bonuses. If you have already found a casino that fits your needs, just keep on playing, and enjoy special attitude and awards.
It is totally up to you whether to claim a bonus or to play without bonuses. What you need to do if you claim a bonus or Free Spins is to examine bonus terms and to pay attention to wagering requirements. A casino can annul a bonus and winnings if a player violates these terms, that is why you need to know them exactly.
One more important thing is to find bonuses with the best possible terms. The lower the wager is the easier it will be to play through and to cash out the winnings. But normally, wagering requirements are higher for more generous bonuses. Just try to find the balance and remember to enjoy the game. Stick with your budget and have fun!