Which strain of marijuana is best for me? What a difficult question! “It depends,” is the quick answer. Your height, weight, age, gender, experience, metabolism, and other factors all play a role. It all depends on what you want and how you feel.
You may be looking for flavor and aroma, pain relief, a pleasant night’s sleep, or a powerful high or sedation. It’s up to you whether you want to smoke it, vape it, or eat it. So, let’s go over some basics again:
- THC cannabinoids (9-tetrahydrocannabinol) are responsible for the famous pleasant psychoactive highs.
- CBD (cannabidiol) cannabinoids generate emotions of relaxation and calmness.
There are three significant strains of cannabis: Indica, Sativa, Ruderalis:
- Cannabis Indica develops large leaves on a short bushy shrub. It proliferates and yields a lot of fruit. It also produces buds that contain more CBD (cannabidiol) than THC (9-tetrahydrocannabinol).
- Cannabis Sativa produces tall, thin plants with narrow leaves. It grows more slowly, requires more light, and has a higher THC content than CBD.
- Cannabis Ruderalis is not commonly available. With a low THC content, this cannabis strain has endured harsh temperatures. Ruderalis is being introduced to hybrids by breeders.
The following are the main characteristics of Indica strains and Indica-dominant hybrids:
- It’s best to use it at night.
- Serotonin’s increased influence on the reward and pleasure areas of the brain
- Relaxation of the mind and muscles
- Increased appetite and decreased anxiety
- Acute pain is reduced.
The following are some of the significant characteristics of Sativa strains and Sativa-dominant hybrids:
- It’s best to use it in the morning and during the day.
- Increased attention, vigor, and creativity due to increased serotonin effect on anxiety, appetite, learning, mood, and sleep
- Anxiety, despair, and chronic pain are all reduced.
Flavonoids are compounds produced by cannabis plants. The essential oils released during the cannabis development phase are collected in these sacks. They’re responsible for a lot of the flavor and scent that each strain produces.
The presence of Beta-caryophyllene, which activates the brain’s CB2 receptors, is signified by the smell of freshly ground black pepper. Anxiety, autoimmune illnesses, diabetes, and depression are all influenced by this link.
Limonene is a citrus compound that has a sour lemon flavor and scent. It’s also a good match for oranges and other citrus fruits.
Pinene is responsible for forest, pine, and woody effects. Basil, parsley, and rosemary all have the same clear earthy tones.
Cheese smells like ice cream, blue cheese, or Limburger due to octanoic acid, hexanoic acid, and other factors.
Lavender have Linalool, gives a fresh, floral effect. It identifies strains that produce a calming effect.
Most strains have a mix of traits. Tastes and scents frequently differ slightly, and vice versa. Check out Cannabis Strains here.
So, what are you looking for?
You can look up that big hit, which you can amplify to make your roommate jealous. The following are three THC strains with extreme potency:
- Trainwreck is a fitting name. It’s a hybrid of landraces from Mexico, Thailand, and Afghanistan. It’s simple to raise and yields a large crop. Trainwreck has a peppery, spicy flavor and a citrusy, piney aroma. It relieves ADHD, PTSD, and stress with 90 percent sativa and THC levels between 14 and 18 percent (but tested as high as 21 percent).
- Purple Thai is a bred strain that has been crossed into many different strains. Purple Thai requires a lot of effort to grow and yields a small crop. It has a citrus and diesel aftertaste with earthy and woody notes. Thai causes euphoria and improves energy levels, keeping the mind clear and weariness at bay while reducing stress levels, with THC levels reaching 22 percent.
Each of them can cause paranoia, especially in new users, and you should be aware of this risk.
If you’re a newbie who only wants to relax or keep your experience at that level, you’ll want to go with a low THC strain:
- White Widow Fem is an excellent first strain. White Widow Fem grows well indoors and has an average output. It is a cross of South American Sativa and South Indian Indica genetic diversity. It contains a high concentration of THC, ranging from 20% to 25%. It has an apple and peach flavor, but its skunky odor will alert you. Anxiety, depression, Stress, and tension are all relieved for users. Homegrown Cannabis Co quickly and secretly supply high-quality, fast-germinating white widow fem seeds with perfect and stabilized genetics worldwide at a competitive price.
- Blue Dream may be the most popular strain on the planet. Blue Dream is a cross between Blueberry Indica and Haze Sativa that produces a moderate yield while growing slowly and requiring a lot of water. It has aromas of cinnamon, citrus, grape, and florals on the smell and taste. Because of its casual vibe, it’s a favorite with clubbers and smokers. When THC levels reach 25%, you must be cautious about paranoia, but it does help with anxiety and stress.
- Jack Herer is named after a famous early cannabis enthusiast. It produces a moderate yield in 8 to 10 weeks when grown indoors. Some of the drug’s more strong adverse effects, such as anxiety or paranoia, will not be triggered by a moderate THC dose. Aromas are gritty and peppery, with sweet and citrus notes. With a THC content of 23%, there’s enough CBD to treat knee injuries, muscle cramps, neuropathic pain, Multiple Sclerosis, and other medical conditions.
These three have a lot of THC, yet they’re balanced and have many health advantages. Beginners should start with small doses and frequency until they build a tolerance, although there are backup choices.
You seek support.
You must conduct both real and virtual research to locate the perfect strain for you. It would help if you talked to other users and dispensary budtenders for advice. It would be best if you experimented with different options to find the right balance for you.